TRES PALAPAS Code of Conduct
All pickleball players at Tres Palapas Pickleball Baja Pickleball (TRES) shall abide by the following rules:
1. Always wear appropriate attire on the pickleball courts, including shirts and court shoes.
2. Do not bring any food, alcoholic beverages, or glass containers on the pickleball courts.
3. Always exhibit good sportsmanship when playing or observing others.
4. Do not over-celebrate points won, taunt, or degrade your opponents, act in an intimidating manner, use foul or abusive language or gestures or otherwise act in a way that would make other players feel uncomfortable or disrespected.
5. Be respectful of opposing players and those on adjacent courts. Avoid unnecessary interruptions and minimize loud outbursts and distracting behavior.
6. If you hit the ball into another court, immediately yell, “ball on court.” If a ball rolls onto your court, call out “ball.” If you hear “ball on court,” stop play immediately.
7. If the ball is out on your side, call it “out.” If it’s close, give the benefit of doubt to your opponent. When the other team calls a ball out, accept the call. If you or your partner steps into the kitchen on a volley, call it yourself. Be cautious about calling kitchen or serving faults on others.
8. “Poaching” is allowed in recreational play as long as the partner agrees with the strategy and how frequently it is used.
9. Do not offer advice during a game to your teammate or opponent about their pickleball game unless that person has indicated that they are receptive to such advice. That does not mean that you cannot strategize with a teammate about how to best play the opponents.
10. When players are waiting and have stacked their paddles on a challenge court, winners stay on the court. Losers must leave the court to allow the challengers to play.
11. Accept responsibility for guests and family members in attendance.
12. Learn and play by the official rules of pickleball as set out by the IFP (International Federation of pickleball).
Health and Safety
TRES staff members receive regular safety training but are not healthcare professionals. Emergency numbers are posted in the office in case of any health emergency. Play safe. If you observe anyone whose health or safety is in jeopardy, please report it to staff immediately.
Informal Complaints and Disputes
All persons are encouraged to resolve any complaints or disputes first on an informal basis, with or without the involvement of TRES staff. A formal complaint process has been adopted and is available for review in the office and on the TRES website.
Terms & Conditions
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
All terms and conditions are subject to change at any time as set by TRES PALAPAS and its’ agents.
If you wish to purchase any product or service made available through the Service (“Purchase”), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your name, address, credit/debit card information.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Tres Palapas Baja Pickleball.
Tres Palapas Baja Pickleball has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Tres Palapas Baja Pickleball shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will try to provide at least 10 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.